Are you looking for a great start to your career? Would you like to get involved in working with a wide range of clients across many sectors, providing awesome service, helping them to save money and grow their business.
AAB are looking for the next generation of graduates to join our growing teams. We have openings in our Audit, Business Advisory, Corporate Finance, Corporate Tax, Global Employment Taxes, Indirect Tax, Payroll, Private Client Tax and Wealth teams in offices across the AAB Group, including Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leeds, London and the island of Ireland. For more details on the Leeds and Ireland positions, please visit Sagars for Leeds and FPM for the island of Ireland. If you have a preference for business line and location, please specify on your covering letter.
At AAB you will have excellent opportunities that will meet your career aspirations, working in a progressive, diverse, energetic and stimulating environment alongside supportive and engaging professional teammates.
If you have recently graduated or are graduating next year and are a committed, flexible, enthusiastic, involved professional we want you in our team!
Our graduate programme is tailored to support you and the development of your career from day one all the way through to qualification. The business will pay for your professional qualification materials and exams – the only thing you need to focus on is the studying. We aim to empower our people to become the best that they can be and provide them with the tools to develop themselves personally, going beyond their technical ability and out with their field of expertise to become the leaders of our future.
Successful applicants are offered a training contract, and on top of a generous professional study package graduates are offered a highly competitive salary and excellent benefits such as hybrid and agile working, private medical and dental cover.
Professional Study options across all of our departments
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland (ICAS)
- Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW)
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
- Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT)
- Association of Taxation Technician (ATT)
- Chartered Institute of Taxation (CIOT)
- Chartered Insurance Institute (CII)
- Chartered Institute of Payroll Professionals (CIPP)
We receive a great number of applications annually therefore the competition for a trainee position is strong. We accept applicants from any degree background, along with the following entry requirements:
- 2:1 degree with honours (with offers made conditional on final degree results)
- A growth mindset with a desire to learn, develop and grow professionally
- A passion for providing awesome client service
Credit is given to those with accounting/financial related work experience and/or experience in technology.
As part of our culture at AAB, we assess all of our candidates who join the firm at any level on our people qualities.
Please note at the time of starting their employment, the successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK.
Our application process is simple and designed around the fact that we want to get to know ‘you.’
Our application process consists of:
- Submit CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your cover letter should include details of why you want to work at AAB, your preferred location and which business line you are most interested in joining.
- Video Exercise – The Elevator Pitch
- Job Offer
If you have any questions please contact email@example.com.
You can also find out more about what it is like to work at AAB directly from our people. Check out our AAB Life Blog to find out more.
AAB reserve the right to interview candidates prior to the closing date.