Applications for our 2022 Graduate Programme are now closed. This page will be updated when the 2023 Programme is open to applications.
Every year, AAB offer graduate trainee positions available across our Audit, Business Advisory, Corporate Tax, Payroll, Global Employment Taxes, Systems & Software and Wealth Management service lines, in various locations across Scotland.
We are looking for the next generation of accountants and business advisors to join our team. If you have recently graduated or are graduating this year and are a committed, flexible, enthusiastic, involved professional we want you in our team!
Our graduate programme is tailored to support you and the development of your career from day one all the way through to qualification. The business will pay for your professional qualification materials and exams – the only thing you need to focus on is the studying. We aim to empower our people to become the best that they can be and provide them with the tools to develop themselves personally, going beyond their technical ability and out with their field of expertise to become the leaders of our future.
Successful applicants are offered a three-year training contract, and on top of a generous professional study package graduates are offered a highly competitive salary and excellent benefits such as hybrid and agile working, private medical and dental cover.
Professional Study options across all of our departments
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland (ICAS)
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
- Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT)
- Association of Taxation Technician (ATT)
- Chartered Institute of Taxation (CIOT)
- Chartered Insurance Institute (CII)
- Chartered Institute of Payroll Professionals (CIPP)
We receive a great number of applications annually therefore the competition for a trainee position is strong. We accept applicants from any degree background, along with the following entry requirements:
- 2:1 degree with honours (with offers made conditional on final degree results)
- AABB at Higher lever (or equivalent)
- Minimum B grade in both English and Maths at National 5 (or equivalent)
- An interest in technology
- A passion for pursuing a career in an accountancy and business advisory firm
Credit is given to those with accounting/financial related work experience and/or experience in technology/computing.
As part of our culture at AAB, we assess all of our candidates who join the firm at any level on our people qualities.
Our application process is simple and designed around the fact that we want to get to know ‘you.’ Our application process consists of:
- Online Application Form
- Video Exercise – The Elevator Pitch
- Job Offer
If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also find out more about what it is like to work at AAB directly from our people. Check out our AAB Life Blog to find out more.