A national firm with a global outlook
Globalisation is an increasingly important opportunity for businesses of all types – some looking to set up a new ventures overseas, others looking to expand operations and some performing international projects in multiple countries. All of these approaches are well…
Blog8th Feb 2019
Globalisation is an increasingly important opportunity for businesses of all types – some looking to set up a new ventures overseas, others looking to expand operations and some performing international projects in multiple countries. All of these approaches are well known and understood by Chartered Accountancy & Business Advisory firm Anderson Anderson & Brown LLP (AAB), who have a wealth of capability, experience and resource in this area.
The Team & Key Services
AAB continuously add to their service offering and enhance their capabilities as their client’s needs change and evolve, and, since success in the global market place is sought after by many of the firm’s clients, this is an area where AAB can help businesses grow and prosper. Their extensive and diverse team have the knowledge and expertise to support clients on all international matters with a particular focus on assisting businesses with:
- International Tax: providing a comprehensive range of advisory and compliance services which cover all areas of overseas taxation to help businesses understand and minimise the foreign tax liabilities associated with short-term, one-off project overseas or setting up an entity permanently in a foreign country.
- Global Payroll, Mobility & Employment Taxes: ensuring that all aspects of global payroll and mobility are carefully considered and planned to mitigate global tax burdens and manage compliance risk by providing solutions to track the location of employees and durations overseas. The team also assist with company and cross-border employment structures to minimise overall effective tax rate, domestic legislation and interaction with tax treaties, expatriate tax policy and social security planning and implementation.
- VAT and Duty: assisting with VAT/Goods and Services Tax (GST) registrations, representatives, withholding as well as access to VAT refunds. With VAT and GST becoming increasingly popular around the globe, it is more critical than ever that the indirect tax consequences of international trade are understood and minimised where possible.
- Outsourcing: helping businesses fulfil their finance requirements with a flexible service which ranges from a fully operational finance function or specific services including bookkeeping, financial accounting and control, transaction processing, capital accounting and management and treasury management.
- Audit: working with UK headquartered groups by co-ordinating and managing the global audit process using their network of overseas firms to undertake work and report back. They also work with UK entities within international groups, working with overseas auditors to ensure compliance with UK statutory requirements and also adherence to the group auditor’s work scope, instructions and all reporting deadlines. Additionally, the firm’s joint venture audit team specialises in working with Upstream Oil & Gas clients worldwide.
- Corporate Finance: leading cross border mergers and acquisition (M&A) transactions which sees the firm advise clients on strategic acquisitions in overseas jurisdictions, including the provision of due diligence and in country advice. On sale mandates the firm leverages its extensive network of international buyers, giving clients the opportunity to explore opportunities with active industrial and financial buyers around the world.
A Truly Global Solution
The considerable in-house expertise of AAB is underpinned by reputable global networks. The firm are members of Accelerate, a Business Associate of Crowe Global, and are also the Scottish member firm of The International Accounting Group (TIAG). As part of these powerful networks AAB have strong and proven contacts with trusted partners and can offer clients access to further global specialists who have international expertise in hundreds of countries.
These relationships are managed by AAB’s dedicated International Liaison Partner, Neil Dinnes and supported by the firm’s International Advisory team. This collaborative approach is project managed by AAB which enables the firm to provide a seamless advisory and compliance solution to clients, globally.
For more information please contact Neil Dinnes (email@example.com) or your usual AAB contact.