International acquisition of privately owned UK business
An international North American listed and based specialist foods producer acquired a privately owned UK business.
Independent project management was required to plan, manage and formalise the integration of the two businesses over a fixed term period.
Key challenges were differing working styles and processes, culture and geography and shared / different international products and markets.
- Applied specialist software to manage integration in real time globally
- Established a physical and virtual project management office
- Defined and led sub-project teams to handle more than 40 work streams
- Produced a tailor-made and flexible integration project management plan software solution to specific requirements
- Commissioned functional sub-teams to co-ordinate the integration projects
- Aligned process to the company’s strategic framework
- A tailored solution that addressed softer issues such as cultural and business style differences
- Imbedded integration team in the acquired business which gave peace of mind
- Maximised collaboration and identification of synergies across the two businesses, avoiding “them and us” from the outset
- Removed the strain and pressure of managing integration, allowing for business and operational continuity without distraction
- Broke down an overwhelming and resource heavy process into manageable and realistic planned activities
- Tailored a flexible integration planning software solution to specific requirements
Related Case studies