International acquisition of privately owned UK business
An international North American listed and based specialist foods producer acquired a privately owned UK business.
Independent project management was required to plan, manage and formalise the integration of the two businesses over a fixed term period.
Key challenges were differing working styles and processes, culture and geography and shared / different international products and markets.
- Applied specialist software to manage integration in real time globally
- Established a physical and virtual project management office
- Defined and led sub-project teams to handle more than 40 work streams
- Produced a tailor-made and flexible integration project management plan software solution to specific requirements
- Commissioned functional sub-teams to co-ordinate the integration projects
- Aligned process to the company’s strategic framework
- A tailored solution that addressed softer issues such as cultural and business style differences
- Imbedded integration team in the acquired business which gave peace of mind
- Maximised collaboration and identification of synergies across the two businesses, avoiding “them and us” from the outset
- Removed the strain and pressure of managing integration, allowing for business and operational continuity without distraction
- Broke down an overwhelming and resource heavy process into manageable and realistic planned activities
- Tailored a flexible integration planning software solution to specific requirements
Related Case studies
Sign up to updates
Blog29th Jul 2022
COVID recovery, labour shortages & supply chain issues: the resilience of Scotland’s food & drink sector
In the last two years we have seen some of the most challenging times in business. In particular, the Scottish food and drink industry has been hit hard by varying restrictions imposed across the country. Despite these challenges, the industry…
By Derek MairView more