Customs Countdown to Brexit
When Theresa May and Jean-Claude Juncker signed up to the Joint Report of the negotiators for the EU and the UK Government on 8th December 2017, this signalled the conclusion to Phase 1 of the Brexit process allowing the negotiations…
Blog19th Jan 2018
When Theresa May and Jean-Claude Juncker signed up to the Joint Report of the negotiators for the EU and the UK Government on 8th December 2017, this signalled the conclusion to Phase 1 of the Brexit process allowing the negotiations to move on to phase 2.
The 15 page agreement for Phase 1, billed as the Divorce settlement, addressed the following three key areas:
- the rights of citizens in each jurisdiction;
- the unique status of Northern Ireland; and
- the financial settlement.
What it does not address is the terms of trade that will apply from March 2019.
However, we have had a number of options identified by the UK’s negotiating team, ranging from the World Trade Organisation (WTO) option through to David Davis’s “Canada plus plus plus”.
Regardless of the final solution, businesses need to start to consider what Brexit will mean to their business and procedures.
To assist, we will be hosting the first in a series of Customs Duty Breakfast seminars at our flagship offices at Prime Four Business Park, Kingswells during which we will:
- Look at the current position for UK businesses following the Union Customs Code implementation; including an overview of the main regimes that apply
- Discuss the Customs Duty issues that will arise regardless of Brexit, such as:
- Approvals and licence renewals;
- Record keeping and reporting requirements
- HMRC audits
- Consider the time line to Brexit; and
- Outline what businesses should be considering and how AAB can assist.
Who should attend?
The seminar is aimed at tax, finance and logictics staff who are involved in cross border movements of goods
Date: Tuesday 6th March 2018
Venue: Anderson Anderson & Brown LLP, Kingshill View, Prime Four Business Park, Kingswells, Aberdeen, AB15 8PU
Time: 7:30am arrival for breakfast, seminar 8:00am – 9:00am close
To book a place, please contact us here.